The Intercultural-Social-Spiritual Department of the ASCIM (DISE - Departamento Intercultural-Social-Espiritual) aims to promote intercultural understanding and harmonious coexistence of the different cultures in the Central Chaco.
The department is also in charge of training new employees, integrating them into the work, and mentoring them. A chaplain offers counseling and spiritual orientation to the employees. In conflict situations, employees can also request mediation.
Furthermore, DISE promotes cooperation with churches (german-speaking and indigenous churches). A way to involve the churches in the work of the ASCIM is a volunteer program that offers interested people the opportunity to work as a volunteer in the ASCIM.
Social work with women is another branch of DISE. In the early years of the ASCIM, the focus was on teaching women about household management and raising children. Currently, the ASCIM emphasizes the participation of women not only in the area of social work, household, and health issues but also in the economy and administration of the communities.
In the area of early childhood education, the ASCIM offers non-formal education for children from 3 to 5 years at pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and preschool. The education plan of these institutions is adapted to the educational program of the General Directorate of Indigenous School Education (Dirección General de Educación Escolar Indígena - DGEEI).
- There is an active dialogue and intercultural understanding in the Central Chaco in the shared search for a new "life project" in the social, economic and religious environment.
- Women have active participation in the life of the community and socio-economic area.
- Most of the employees of the ASCIM have intercultural knowledge and are trained to provide integral counseling.
- The employees of the ASCIM are oriented/trained/prepared through professional and spiritual accompaniment.
- There is a close collaboration and interaction between the ASCIM and the churches.
- ASCIM has a structured volunteer program.
- The communities associated with the ASCIM offer preschool classes with a flexible program that prepares children for school.